Snowmobile Experience (self-driving)
Drive a snowmobile through the Lappish landscapes and admire the beauty of the local nature.
69€/adult; 35€/child under 14 years old
1 – 1.5 hours
Book online now!
Snowmobile Experience (self-driving)
Finns love snowmobiling, and you will too!
Thanks to snowmobiles we can explore Lapland easily. During this tour we will drive through a stunning wintery scenery, which is perfect to take some nice photos.
Our tracks are surrounding Parpalandia and thus are located outside of the city. Unlike the tracks around the Artic circle, they are not crowded by tourists and you can enjoy an authentic experience.
Our professional snowmobile guide will explain you how to drive a snowmobile and familiarize you with the safety instructions. We will make a few stops to take pictures. The riding time on the snowmobile is approximately 30-40 minutes, while the whole experience takes about one hour.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Discounts for groups and families
Small group guarantee
There will be maximum of 8 customers participating in this tour. Thanks to a small-group tour you will get the most of your travels – a personal experience and the feeling like you are traveling with a group of friends.
Hygiene measures and safe travels
• We have enhanced hygiene and cleaning. For example, disinfection is available in our cars and changing room, disinfection is done several times a day, and equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Parpalania is located in the middle of nature. Its location, away from the city, makes it a perfect place for social distancing and avoidance of crowded places.
• We offer free disposable face masks to our customers.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
• We will NOT charge a cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before the event
- This is a self-driving tour with no pick-up service. The meeting point is at Parpalandia. Please, check the starting time of the tour on your ticket. Please, be at Parpalandia before the starting time of the tour.
- The tour might be cancelled or rescheduled if there are less than 2 adult participants.
- Two adults share a snowmobile. If you want to drive an own snowmobile, select a solo-driving option
- Due to safety reasons, children younger than 15 years travel in a sled pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. Children at least 15 years old and at least 140 cm tall can sit behind a driver as passengers. This tour is not available for children younger than 4 years old. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- The driver of a snowmobile must be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category. The driver must be able to present the driving license (a copy or photo is also acceptable).
- Snowmobile driver is held liable for any damage caused to snowmobiles up to the amount of 900 euros/driver/snowmobile/accident.
- The self-liability waiver reduces the amount of maximum self-liability from 900€ to 100€. The self-liability waiver costs
20€ per driver and per safari and can be bought at our webstore for all our snowmobile safaris, or on spot before the safari. The self-liability waiver is personal.
- Please, check our terms and conditions for more information.
- We will give you winter clothes, but we recommend wearing warm layers.
- Please, let us know your dietary preferences upon the booking.
69 euros/ adult; 35 euros/ child under 14 years old
1 - 1.5 hours
1 December - 15 April
Physical Difficulty Level
Adults and children at least 5 years old
• Professional snowmobile guide
• Pick-up service
What to Bring?
To drive a snowmobile, you must have a valid driving license. It is required to have the driving license (or a copy) on the tour.
Parpalandia - Rajalantie 209, 97140 Rovaniemi
This is a self-driving tour with no pick-up service. The meeting point is at Parpalandia – Rajalantie 209, 97140 Muurola, Rovaniemi, Finland. Please, check the starting time of the tour on your ticket. Please, be at Parpalandia before the starting time of the tour.
See the driving instructions here.
65 euros/adult if booking for at least 4 adults
99 euros/adult solo-driving
209 euros/ family (2 adults + 2 children under 14 years old)
399 euros/ Private tour