Two great winter activities in Lapland are seeing the northern lights and riding a snowmobile. This tour small group aurora snowmobiling is available only for groups minimum 4 persons.
Small Group Aurora Snowmobiling
Let’s start our snowmobiles and embark on an adventure in the mysterious Arctic forest. The goal of our snowmobile night out is to have fun driving snowmobile and spotting northern lights!
179€/adult; 89€/child under 14 years old
Small Group Aurora Snowmobiling
Our aurora snowmobiling tour combines two great winter activities in Lapland: searching for northern lights and snowmobile driving.
This is the tour to choose, if you are looking for an adventurous and fun Northern Lights tour.
This tour is only for private small groups of 4 – 8 persons.
We will pick you up at your accommodation and start driving towards Parpalandia. We will arrive in Parpalandia in about 50 minutes, change the clothes and start the tour with the safety and driving instructions. Parpalandia and our snowmobile tracks are located away from the city and lights, which is great for spotting northern lights.
In our search for the northern lights, we will be driving through white Lappish landscapes and make several stops to take photos of nature and northern lights.
Enjoy cozy environment
Our journey leads to a peaceful spot, which is great to observe aurora borealis. Here, we will make fire and have some snacks. While we are eating, the guide will share some interesting stories and facts about northern lights.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Discounts for groups and families
Check Off Your Bucket List
Small group guarantee
There will be a maximum of 8 customers participating in this tour. Thanks to a small-group tour you will get the most of your travels – a personal experience and the feeling like you are traveling with a group of friends.
Hygiene measures and safe travels
• We have enhanced hygiene and cleaning. For example, disinfection is available in our cars and changing room, disinfection is done several times a day, and equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Parpalania is located in the middle of nature. Its location, away from the city, makes it a perfect place for social distancing and avoidance of crowded places.
• We offer free disposable gloves and face masks to our customers (using them is optional).
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
• We will NOT charge a cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before the event
- Check your pick-up or meeting time on your ticket.
- Please note, that northern lights are a natural phenomenon. Seeing the northern lights nor their intensity is guaranteed.
- The tour might be cancelled or rescheduled if there are less than 2 adult participants.
- Two adults share a snowmobile. If you want to drive an own snowmobile, select a solo-driving option
- Due to safety reasons, children younger than 15 years travel in a sled pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. Children at least 15 years old and at least 140 cm tall can sit behind a driver as passengers. This tour is not available for children younger than 4 years old. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- The driver of a snowmobile must be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category. The driver must be able to present the driving license (a copy or photo is also acceptable).
- Snowmobile driver is held liable for any damage caused to snowmobiles up to the amount of 900 euros/driver/snowmobile/accident.
- The self-liability waiver reduces the amount of maximum self-liability from 900€ to 100€. The self-liability waiver costs
20€ per driver and per safari and can be bought at our webstore for all our snowmobile safaris, or on spot before the safari. The self-liability waiver is personal.
- Please, check our terms and conditions for more information.
- We will give you winter clothes, but we recommend wearing warm layers.
- Please, let us know your dietary preferences upon the booking.
Details are below
179 euros/ adult; 89 euros/ child under 14 years old
1 December - 15 April
Physical Difficulty Level
Adults and children at least 7 years old
• Professional snowmobile guiding in English or Finnish (other languages on request)
What to Bring?
To drive a snowmobile, you must have a valid driving license. It is required to have the driving license (or a copy) on the tour.
Parpalandia - Rajalantie 209, 97140 Rovaniemi
Pick-up in Rovaniemi is included in the price of the tour. Please, be ready at the reception of your hotel or in front of your accommodation at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time.
Please, see the pick-up places and time below:</4>
Santa Claus Holiday Village
40 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
30 minutes before the starting time of the tour
20 minutes before the starting time of the tour
10 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Hotel Scandic Rovaniemi
5 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Arctic City Hotel
At the starting time of the tour
15 minutes after the starting time of the tour
* If your accommodation isn’t in the pick-up list, please contact us with a pick-up request.
** If you are accommodated in the city center of Rovaniemi and for any reason cannot meet us at the meeting point, please, contact us.
169 euros/adult if booking for at least 4 adults
499 euros/ family (2 adults + 2 children under 14 years old)
969 euros/ Private tour