Salmon Ice Fishing
Experience this traditional Finnish winter activity. Carve your way through the ice and catch your own fish!
119€/adult; 59€/child under 14 years old
Infants under 4y old are free of charge
Salmon Ice Fishing
Salmon ice fishing is a popular activity in Lapland and during the winter you can see many people or even whole families spending their free time salmon ice fishing. Join us in this activity to feel like a real Finn and to learn something more about the Finnish way of life and culture. If you are lucky, you will catch your own fish. We have salmon in our private lake 🐟 🐟 🐟. Catching one is not guaranteed, you still need a bit of luck and patience, but chances are much higher than in other places.
We will show you how to make a hole into the thick ice and how to use salmon ice-fishing equipment. If you catch a fish and you are interested, we will show you how to clean it during salmon ice fishing. And now the best part! Those who catch a fish can have it prepared or smoked on location or take it and prepare it at home! Otherwise, we will prepare sausage, bread, cookies, and hot juice for you. If you prefer to try some delicious homemade salmon soup 🥣, book it as an extra.
Did you enjoy your time in Parpalandia and you wish to stay longer? We welcome you to book an additional activity as an extra or another tour. We offer favorable prices on our combinations and extras. You can book them online now or ask your guide while in Parpalandia.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Discounts for groups and families
Authentic local experience
Small group guarantee
There will be a maximum of 8 customers participating in this tour. Thanks to a small-group tour you will get the most of your travels – a personal experience and the feeling like you are traveling with a group of friends.
Hygiene measures and safe travels
• We have enhanced hygiene and cleaning. For example, disinfection is available in our cars and changing room, disinfection is done several times a day, and equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Parpalania is located in the middle of nature. Its location, away from the city, makes it a perfect place for social distancing and avoidance of crowded places.
• We offer free disposable gloves and face masks to our customers (using them is optional).
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
• We will NOT charge a cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before the event
- Check your pick-up or meeting time on your ticket.
- Catching a salmon is not guaranteed.
- The tour might be canceled or rescheduled if there are fewer than 2 adult participants.
- We will give you winter clothes, but it is better to wear warm layers.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please, let us know your dietary preferences upon the booking.
119 euros/ adult; 59 euros/ child under 14 years old
20 November - 15 April
Physical Dificulty Level
Adults and children of all ages (although it is recommended that the child is at least 1 year old)
• Professional ice fishing guide
• Salmon soup
Parpalandia - Rajalantie 200, 97140 Rovaniemi
Pick-up in Rovaniemi is included in the price of the tour. Please, be ready at the reception of your hotel or in front of your accommodation at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time.
Please, see the pick-up places and time below:
Santa Claus Holiday Village
40 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
30 minutes before the starting time of the tour
20 minutes before the starting time of the tour
10 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Hotel Scandic Rovaniemi
5 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Arctic City Hotel
At the starting time of the tour
15 minutes after the starting time of the tour
* If your accommodation isn’t in the pick-up list, please contact us with a pick-up request.
** If you are accommodated in the city center of Rovaniemi and for any reason cannot meet us at the meeting point, please, contact us.
109 euros/adult if booking for at least 4 adults
319 euros/ family (2 adults + 2 children under 14 years old)
649 euros/ Private tour