Salmon Ice Fishing (self-driving)
Experience this traditional Finnish winter activity. Carve your way through the ice and catch your own fish!
70€/adult; 35€/child under 14 years old
Infants under 4y old are free of charge
Salmon Ice Fishing (self-driving)
Salmon ice fishing is a popular activity in Lapland and during the winter you can see many people or even whole families spending their free time salmon ice fishing. Join us in this activity to feel like a real Finn and to learn something more about the Finnish way of life and culture. If you are lucky, you will catch your own fish. We have salmon in our private lake 🐟 🐟 🐟. Catching one is not guaranteed, you still need a bit of luck and patience, but chances are much higher than in other places.
We will show you how to make a hole into the thick ice and how to use salmon ice-fishing equipment. If you catch a fish and you are interested, we will show you how to clean it during salmon ice fishing. And now the best part! Those who catch a fish can have it prepared or smoked on location or take it and prepare it at home! Otherwise, we will prepare sausage, bread, cookies, and hot juice for you. If you prefer to try some delicious homemade salmon soup 🥣, book it as an extra.
Did you enjoy your time in Parpalandia and you wish to stay longer? We welcome you to book an additional activity as an extra or another tour. We offer favorable prices on our combinations and extras. You can book them online now or ask your guide while in Parpalandia.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Discounts for groups and families
Authentic local experience
Small group guarantee
There will be a maximum of 8 customers participating in this tour. Thanks to a small-group tour you will get the most of your travels – a personal experience and the feeling like you are traveling with a group of friends.
Hygiene measures and safe travels
• We have enhanced hygiene and cleaning. For example, disinfection is available in our cars and changing room, disinfection is done several times a day, and equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Parpalania is located in the middle of nature. Its location, away from the city, makes it a perfect place for social distancing and avoidance of crowded places.
• We offer free disposable gloves and face masks to our customers (using them is optional).
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
• We will NOT charge a cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before the event
- This is a self-driving tour with no pick-up service. The meeting point is at Parpalandia. Please, check the starting time of the tour on your ticket. Please, be at Parpalandia before the starting time of the tour.
- Catching a salmon is not guaranteed.
- The tour might be canceled or rescheduled if there are fewer than 2 adult participants.
- We will give you winter clothes, but it is better to wear warm layers.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please, let us know your dietary preferences upon the booking.
70 euros/ adult; 35 euros/ child under 14 years old
20 November - 15 April
Physical Difficulty Level
Adults and children of all ages (although it is recommended that the child is at least 1 year old)
• Professional ice fishing guide
• Salmon soup
Parpalandia - Rajalantie 209, 97140 Rovaniemi
This is a self-driving tour with no pick-up service. The meeting point is at Parpalandia – Rajalantie 209, 97140 Muurola, Rovaniemi, Finland. Please, check the starting time of the tour on your ticket. Please, be at Parpalandia before the starting time of the tour.
See the driving instructions here.
65 euros/adult if booking for at least 4 adults
199 euros/ family (2 adults + 2 children under 14 years old)
399 euros/ Private tour