Take an incredible Husky Safari and enjoy salmon ice fishing in Finland when you book this tour.
Husky Safari and Salmon Ice Fishing
Join this Husky Safari and Salmon Ice Fishing Finland tour and enjoy an exceptional day in Arctic nature. Try traditional Finnish ice fishing and ride with huskies through snowy landscapes.
229€/adult; 149€/child under 14 years old
Infants under 4y old are free of charge
Husky Safari and Salmon Ice Fishing
Husky Safari and Salmon Ice Fishing Finland
This tour is one of our bestselling tours. The husky safari tour combines learning and experiencing Finnish culture and habits with a great husky adventure.
After arriving at Parpalandia, we will provide you thermal outwear, so you feel comfortable during the ice fishing. When you are ready, we will begin the introduction to ice fishing Finland. You will introduce yourself to the ice-fishing equipment and the best techniques to catch a fish in the winter. In our lake, we have salmon. Catching one is not guaranteed, you still need a bit of luck and patience, but chances are much higher than in other places.
Afterward, you will receive the instructions for husky sledding. We will bring you to our starting place, where each couple receives a sled with a husky team. The huskies are excited to run, so let’s not keep them waiting! You will feel the strength of the dogs as they start pulling your sled through the Lappish landscape. Don’t forget to hold it strongly 😊
Normally two people share a sled, one is steering and one is sitting on the sled. It is possible, and recommended, to change the positions in the middle of the track. Small children can sit together with an adult. If you wish to have a sled only for yourself, please, book the solo-driving option. An experienced musher will guide the tour all the time and will help you if needed.
After the Husky Safari and Salmon Ice Fishing
We invite you to our Kota for a snack. We prepare sausage, bread, cookies, and hot juice for you. If you caught a fish, you can have it smoked on location or take it and prepare it at home. If you prefer to try some delicious homemade salmon soup 🥣, book it as an extra.
Before leaving Parpalandia, you will be able to buy a Husky Musher Driving License for you or your child. We also recommend you to visit our small souvenir store and buy a product made by local artisans. You will get a great memory and at the same time support the local economy.
Did you enjoy your time in Parpalandia and you wish to stay longer?
We welcome you to book an additional activity as an extra or another tour. We offer favorable prices on our combinations and extras. You can book them online now, or ask for your guide while in
Why should you book this tour with us?
Discounts for groups and families
Unforgettable husky adventure
Small group guarantee
There will be a maximum of 16 customers participating in this Husky Safari and Salmon Ice Fishing Finland tour. Thanks to a small-group tour you will get the most of your travels – a personal experience and the feeling like you are traveling with a group of friends.
Hygiene measures and safe travels
• We have enhanced hygiene and cleaning. For example, disinfection is available in our cars and changing room, disinfection is done several times a day, and equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Parpalania is located in the middle of nature. Its location, away from the city, makes it a perfect place for social distancing and avoidance of crowded places.
• Parpalandia offers free disposable gloves and face masks to our customers (using them is optional).
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event.
• Cancellation fee will not charge if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before the event
- Check your pick-up or meeting time on your ticket.
- It is important for your safety as well as for the dog’s safety, that you understand the instructions. If you have any questions about haski safari and Salmon ice fishing tour, do not be afraid to ask.
- The tour might be canceled or rescheduled if there are fewer than 2 adult participants.
- We will give you winter clothes, but it is better to wear warm layers.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please, let us know your dietary preferences upon the booking.
Following are the details
229 euros/ adult; 149 euros/ child under 14 years old
1 December - 15 April
Physical Difficulty Level
Adults and children of all ages (although it is recommended that the child is at least 3 years old)
• Professional Guiding in English or Finnish
• Visit a husky farm
• Salmon soup
Parpalandia - Rajalantie 209, 97140 Rovaniemi
Pick-up in Rovaniemi is included in the price of the husky safari and salmon ice fishing tour. Please be ready at the reception of your hotel or in front of your accommodation at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time.
Please see the pick-up location and time below:
Santa Claus Holiday Village
40 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
30 minutes before the starting time of the tour
20 minutes before the starting time of the tour
10 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Hotel Scandic Rovaniemi
5 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Arctic City Hotel
At the starting time of the tour
15 minutes after the starting time of the tour
* If your accommodation isn’t in the pick-up list, please contact us with a pick-up request.
** If you are accommodated in the city center of Rovaniemi and for any reason cannot meet us at the meeting point, please, contact us.
219 euros/adult if booking for at least 4 adults
699 euros/ family (2 adults + 2 children under 14 years old)
1139 euros/ Private tour