The 1-hour husky sledding tour will allow you to experience the joy of husky mushing in Rovaniemi.
Husky Mushing Experience: 1h husky sledding in Rovaniemi
Join our husky safari in Rovaniemi, and enjoy one of the most exciting moments in your lifetime. Meet our lovely huskies and steer your own team through the fascinating scenery of snowy Lapland.
159€/adult; 99€/child under 14 years old
Infants under 4y old are free of charge
Husky Mushing Experience: 1h husky sledding in Rovaniemi
Take part in our husky safari from Rovaniemi and get husky mushing experience, one of the best winter activities in Finland.
Our enthusiastic huskies 🐺 will take on a unique once-in-a-lifetime experience! This husky safari will be the highlight of your winter holidays in Lapland. Let the dogs lead you through Arctic nature, while you enjoy the surrounding beauty during husky sledding in Rovaniemi.
After arriving at Parpalandia, the tour starts in a husky kennel. Here, you will receive driving and safety instructions. After that, you are ready to take your place in the sled and start steering your own husky team through the Arctic forest. For this exciting adventure, we will be driving approximately 6-10km. We will take a break in the middle to take great pictures with our cute four-legged friends.
Normally two people share a sled during the husky safari. One is steering, and one is sitting on the sled. It is possible, and recommended, to change the positions in the middle of the track. Small children can sit in the sled together with an adult. If you wish to have a sled only for yourself, you can book the solo-driving option. An experienced musher will guide the husky tour all the time and will help you if needed. The husky ride takes about 40-60 minutes depending on the weather conditions. Huskies run at different speeds depending for example on the temperature, amount, and quality of snow.
Once you arrive back at the kennel, we invite you to our kota. Here you can warm up and learn more about huskies and Parpalandia. Our experienced guides are also happy to answer your questions about huskies, their training, and daily life. Listen to their stories and find out more about huskies by the fire with a small Finnish barbecue – sausage (makkara), cookies, and hot juice.
Buy a memory, stay longer or come back
Before leaving Parpalandia, you will be able to buy a Husky Musher Driving License for you or your child. We also recommend you to visit our small souvenir and buy a product made by local artisans. You will get a great memory for your husky mushing and at the same time support the local economy.
Did you enjoy your time in Parpalandia while experiencing husky sledding in Rovaniemi and do you wish to stay longer?
We welcome you to book an additional activity as an extra or another tour. We offer favorable prices on our combinations and extras. You can book them online now or ask for your guide while in Parpalandia.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Discounts for groups and families
Unforgettable husky adventure
Small group guarantee
There will be a maximum of 16 customers participating in this husky safari. Thanks to a small-group husky tour you will get the most of your travels – a personal experience and the feeling like you are traveling with a group of friends.
Hygiene measures and safe travels
• We have enhanced hygiene and cleaning. For example, disinfection is available in our cars and changing room, disinfection is done several times a day, and equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Parpalania is located in the middle of nature. Its location, away from the city, makes it a perfect place for social distancing and avoidance of crowded places.
• We offer free face masks to our customers (using them is recommended).
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
• We will NOT charge a cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before the event
- Check your pick-up or meeting time on your ticket.
- It is important for your safety as well as for the dog’s safety, that you understand the instructions. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask.
- The tour might be canceled or rescheduled if there are fewer than 2 adult participants.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please, let us know your dietary preferences upon the booking.
Details are below>/h4>
159 euros/ adult; 99 euros/ child under 14 years old
20 November - 15 April
Physical Difficulty Level
Adults and children of all ages (although it is recommended that the child is at least 1 year old)
• Guiding in English or Finnish
• Visit a husky farm
• Professional photo (Our guides will also take pictures of you with a professional camera, if you like the photos you can buy them for a small fee)
Parpalandia - Rajalantie 209, 97140 Rovaniemi
Pick-up in Rovaniemi is included in the price of the tour. Please, be ready at the reception of your hotel or in front of your accommodation at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time.
Please see the pick-up places and time below:
Santa Claus Holiday Village
40 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
30 minutes before the starting time of the tour
20 minutes before the starting time of the tour
10 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Hotel Scandic Rovaniemi
5 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Arctic City Hotel
At the starting time of the tour
15 minutes after the starting time of the tour
* If your accommodation isn’t in the pick-up list, please contact us with a pick-up request.
** If you are accommodated in the city center of Rovaniemi and for any reason cannot meet us at the meeting point, please, contact us.
150 euros/adult if booking for at least 4 adults
459 euros/ family (2 adults + 2 children under 14 years old)
789 euros/ Private tour