Northern Lights Husky Safari
Choose our northern lights husky safari and experience something truly unique. Steer your own sled through an Arctic forest with northern lights dancing above you.
199€/adult; 149€/child under 14 years old
Infants under 4y old are free of charge
Northern Lights Husky Safari
Seeing northern lights is a dream as much as sledding your own dogs is a fascinating experience. This tour is a perfect combination of both! It is the experience you will remember for the rest of your life.
Our Northern Lights Husky Safari is magical because it is set in the middle of Arctic nature with almost no light pollution. So, the place is great for northern lights watching. Moreover, the small group of max. 8 participants ensure you can truly enjoy the wilderness during this northern lights husky safari.
Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, and we cannot guarantee that they will show up. In any case, the night-time safari is an amazing experience, it gives you a different perspective and perhaps even brings you closer to nature. During a clear night, you can admire the moonlight reflecting on the snow and thousands of stars shining on the sky. There are not many places left on the planet, offering such a great night sky view.
You will be steering your own husky team, driving through snowy Lappish landscapes for about 40-60 minutes. We will make a stop in the middle to take photos with the dogs and hopefully of the northern lights.
We will make a fire in our cozy kota and prepare a barbeque for you. We will have sausages, marshmallow, cookies, and warm juice. As you warm up by the fire, you can learn about huskies and northern lights from your guide. Parpalandia is really a great place to see the northern lights, and so there is still a chance of seeing them outside of the kota.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Discounts for groups and families
Unforgettable husky adventure
Small group guarantee
There will be a maximum of 8 customers participating in this tour. Thanks to a small-group tour you will get the most of your travels – a personal experience and the feeling like you are traveling with a group of friends.
Hygiene measures and safe travels
• We have enhanced hygiene and cleaning. For example, disinfection is available in our cars and changing room, disinfection is done several times a day, and equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Parpalania is located in the middle of nature. Its location, away from the city, makes it a perfect place for social distancing and avoidance of crowded places.
• We offer free disposable gloves and face masks to our customers (using them is optional).
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
• We will NOT charge a cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before the event
- Check your pick-up or meeting time on your ticket.
- Please note, that northern lights are a natural phenomenon. Seeing the northern lights nor their intensity is guaranteed.
- It is important for your safety as well as for the dog’s safety, that you understand the instructions. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask.
- The tour might be canceled or rescheduled if there are fewer than 2 adult participants.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please, let us know your dietary preferences upon the booking.
199 euros/ adult; 149 euros/ child under 14 years old
1 December - 15 April
Physical Difficulty Level
Adults and children of all ages (although it is recommended that the child is at least 3 years old)
• Professional Guiding in English or Finnish
• Visit a husky farm
• Husky Driving License
Parpalandia - Rajalantie 209, 97140 Rovaniemi
Pick-up in Rovaniemi is included in the price of the tour. Please, be ready at the reception of your hotel or in front of your accommodation at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time.
Please, see the pick-up places and time below:
Santa Claus Holiday Village
40 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
30 minutes before the starting time of the tour
20 minutes before the starting time of the tour
10 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Hotel Scandic Rovaniemi
5 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Arctic City Hotel
At the starting time of the tour
15 minutes after the starting time of the tour
* If your accommodation isn’t in the pick-up list, please contact us with a pick-up request.
** If you are accommodated in the city center of Rovaniemi and for any reason cannot meet us at the meeting point, please, contact us.
189 euros/adult if booking for at least 4 adults
599 euros/ family (2 adults + 2 children under 14 years old)
999 euros/ Private tour