Husky Safari and Snowmobile Experience
The combination of husky sledding and snowmobiling is the best option for those who are looking for Lappish adventures. You will meet our lovely huskies, drive with them through the forest and then embark to an exciting snowmobile safari.
229€/adult; 149€/child under 14 years old
Husky Safari and Snowmobile Experience
Do you want to try both husky sledding and snowmobiling in the middle of artic nature, far away from the city? If so, this tour is perfect for you. What do you think is faster? Snowmobile or huskies?
We will start the tour by dressing up in warm winter clothes and receiving the driving and safety instructions for snowmobile or huskies. You will learn how to steer a husky sled and receive the necessary safety instructions. Our huskies will wait for us ready to run. You will receive your own sled with a husky team. You will steer the dog team on your own. Our guide will be driving in front, in case you will need any help. The dogs love to run and they will take you on a great adventure through the wilderness. We will make a stop in the middle, where you can take pictures with your husky team. Our huskies are very friendly, and they love to cuddle.
Normally two people share a sled, one is steering and one sitting on the sled. It is possible, and recommended, to change the positions in the middle of the track. Small children can sit together with an adult. If you wish to have a sled only for yourself, please, book the solo-driving option.
Our warm Kota with live fire awaits you when you come back to our kennel. Inside you can taste popular Finnish sausage (makkara) and get some warm juice.
Warmed up and strengthened by food, we will embark on our next experience – snowmobiling. Before we start driving through Lappish wintery scenery, our guide will explain all the necessary safety and driving instructions.
In this tour, you can discover more of Lapland’s nature and take great photos of this winter wonderland. We will make a few quick stops to take photos. Unlike the snowmobile tracks in Rovaniemi, our snowmobile tracks around Parpalandia are not crowded by tourists. So instead of the mass tourism feeling, you will get to experience authentic snowmobiling.
Normally two people share a snowmobile, one is driving and one sitting behind the driver. It is possible, and recommended, to change the positions in the middle of the track. If you wish to have a sled only for yourself, please, book the solo-driving option.
Before leaving Parpalandia, you will be able to buy a Husky Musher Driving License for you or your child. We also recommend you to visit our small souvenir small and buy a product made by local artisans. You will get a great memory and at the same time support the local economy.
Did you enjoy your time trying snowmobile or huskies in Parpalandia and you wish to stay longer? We welcome you to book an additional activity as an extra or another tour. We offer favorable prices on our combinations and extras. You can book them online now or ask your guide while in Parpalandia.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Discounts for groups and families
Unforgettable husky adventure
Small group guarantee
There will be a maximum of 8 customers participating in this tour. Thanks to a small-group tour you will get the most of your travels – a personal experience and the feeling like you are traveling with a group of friends.
Hygiene measures and safe travels
• We have enhanced hygiene and cleaning. For example, disinfection is available in our cars and changing room, disinfection is done several times a day, and equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Parpalania is located in the middle of nature. Its location, away from the city, makes it a perfect place for social distancing and avoidance of crowded places.
• We offer free disposable gloves and face masks to our customers (using them is optional).
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
• We will NOT charge a cancellation fee if booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before the event
- Check your pick-up time on your ticket.
- It is important for your safety as well as for the dog’s safety, that you understand the instructions. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask.
- We will give you winter clothes, but it is better to wear warm layers.
- The tour might be cancelled or rescheduled if there are less than 2 adult participants.
- Two adults share a snowmobile. If you want to drive an own snowmobile, select a solo-driving option.
- Due to safety reasons, children are travelling in a sled pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
- The driver of a snowmobile must be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category. The driver must be able to present the driving license (a copy or photo is also acceptable).
- The snowmobile driver is held liable for any damage caused to snowmobiles up to the amount of 900euros/driver/snowmobile/accident.
- Please, check our terms and conditions for more information.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- The tour is not recommended for infants younger than 4 years old.
229 euros/ adult; 149 euros/ child under 14 years old
1 December - 15 April
Physical Difficulty Level
Adults and children over 4 years old
• Professional Guiding in English or Finnish
• Visit a husky farm
• Professional photo of husky sledding (Our guides will also take pictures of you with a professional camera, if you like the photos you can buy them for a small fee).
Parpalandia - Rajalantie 209, 97140 Rovaniemi
Pick-up in Rovaniemi is included in the price of the tour. Please, be ready at the reception of your hotel or in front of your accommodation at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time.
Please, see the pick-up places and time below:
Santa Claus Holiday Village
40 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
30 minutes before the starting time of the tour
20 minutes before the starting time of the tour
10 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Hotel Scandic Rovaniemi
5 minutes before the starting time of the tour
Arctic City Hotel
At the starting time of the tour
15 minutes after the starting time of the tour
* If your accommodation isn’t in the pick-up list, please contact us with a pick-up request.
** If you are accommodated in the city center of Rovaniemi and for any reason cannot meet us at the meeting point, please, contact us.
219 euros/adult if booking for at least 4 adults
699 euros/ family (2 adults + 2 children under 14 years old)
1249 euros/ Private tour